To serve only the best food possible at a good profitability. To never stop learning how to cook better.
Knowledge of Cuisine
French, Spanish, Italian, North African and American.
Hot Cakes- Catering and Café, Charlottesville, VA, USA.
Head Cook: November 2006- Present
· Catering and Café Operation with $2.8 MM F & B
· Responsible for the good operation and training of a kitchen of 8 cooks & 5 Pastry Cooks.
· Menu Writing for Catering and Café
· Implementation of Breakfast, Brunch and Casual French Dinner.
· Created Upscale Catering Menu for Wineries Market and Event Coordinators.
· Work the line for the Brunch and French Dinner.
· Catering up between 30 to 40% (around $130.000 monthly) since the last 10 months.
· Café up 30 % every month after 3 months of my employment.
· Average of a 32% food cost and 15% Labor cost.
· Purchasing, food costing and documented every Recipe.
Ciboulette- 40 Seats, Modern French Cuisine- Wine and Cheese store, Charlottesville , VA, USA
Cook-Owner: July 2001- Business Sold October 2006
· Raised financing through SBA. Conception, and Opening of Ciboulette
· Managed every aspect of business such as design, purchasing of wines, retail products and restaurant foods.
· Hiring/firing, bookkeeping such as Payroll, Account receivable & Payable, Food Cost and P&L.
· Creation and execution of a Daily Menus with three other kitchen employees, dish washing as needed.
· Hosted many private dinners and event dinners. And also a fairly large number of outside catering Jobs.
· Yearly Sales of $780.000
Urbani Truffles & Caviar – NYC, USA
Sales Representative: December 1998- May 2001
· Left the professional Kitchen to be able to spend more time with my family.
· Urbani is an International Specialty Food Company with over $30MM annual sales and a sales force of 12 representatives.
· Established contacts and long terms relations with over 200active restaurant accounts.
· Responsible for managing account with key customers such as Daniel Boulud, Charlie Trotter, Jean Georges, Bertolotti, among many others.
· Opened account with Macy's, Dean & Deluca, Martha Steward Catalog, many Las Vegas Resorts resulting in over $3MM Yearly Sales.
· Marketed entire new lines of Specialty Products and acted as purchaser with foreign suppliers.
· Started with $300.000 Sales and ended with $6MM Sales over 3 years.
· Voted Top Sales Representative every month from 1999 to 2001.
Restaurant EQ- 40 Seats, Modern American Cuisine-NYC, USA
Second to Chef: November 1997-December 1998
Worked under Chef Michael Clancy
· Worked all aspects of the Kitchen's including sauté, Garde Manger and ordering
· Responsible for creating daily specials
· Responsible for off premise Caterings/Banquets.
Two Stars by New York Times
La Fourchette- 65 Seats, Modern French Cuisine- NYC, USA
Line Cook: April 1997-October 1997
Worked under Chef Murphy
· Responsibilities included all sautéed items and sauces for line
Prep Cook: November 1996-April 1997
· Butchering of all Fishes, Meats and preparation of Stocks
Two Stars by New York Times.
L'Oursin- 100 Seats, Modern French Cuisine- Paris, France
Chef De Partie: December 1995- August 1996
· Commenced employment as First Commis working all sections of the kitchen.
Promoted to Chef De Partie (Poissonnier).
· Responsible for overseeing the Fish Station.
· Purchasing of Fish Products.
Chez Michel – 65 Seats, Classic French Bistro – Paris, France
First Commis De Cuisine: September 1994 – December 1995
· Prepared Daily Mise en Place, Stocks and Sauces.
Helped with Bread Baking and Pastries.
Les Olivades – 30 Seats, Provencal and Bistro Cooking –Paris, France
Commis de Cuisine: March 1993-September 1994
· My first professional Kitchen, as I had no culinary degree was hired as a dishwasher.
· After 2 months promoted to Commis de Cuisine which included cleaning Games, meats, fishes and vegetables.
Making Stocks, Soups, Cold Entrementier, and helped the Chef Patissier.
CTED Publishing Company- Paris, France
Sales: September 1990-February 1993
· Performed Market Research for an established advertising, marketing and Publishing Agency.
· Marketed and Closed Sales with Executive from Corporate Companies for Advertising in leading technical Publications.
· Negotiated Yearly Budget with Advertising Agencies
· Promoted to Sales Manager responsible of a team of 8 Sales Representatives covering the European Community, Eastern Europe and North Africa
Proficient at Garde Manger, Saucier, Sauté, Meat & Fish fabrication.
Operating a restaurants and a kitchen
DUT- Diplome Universitaire de Technologie (Option Batiment & Genie Civil).
Lycee Les Pannevelles
77160 Provins, France
Baccalaureat, Serie Generale: SI-Science de L'Ingenieur
Lycee International de Fontainebleau
77130 Fontainebleau, France.
1984 through 1990
Worked during Week-end and School Holidays at different Foodservices
(From Burger King to French Bistro).
Antique Cookbooks, Eating Good Foods and Drinking Good Wines, Cooking, Camping, Traveling, Charcuterie, Food History, Wine Making, Literature.